Wood design software – FAQ and news items
Wood Design Software – bits and pieces.
Our wood design software is used for a great deal of applications. Users of SketchList 3D sometimes surprise me with the types of things they design. It’s been sometime since I’ve posted and wanted to catch up a bit.
I want to address five items in this post.
How to move your SketchList 3D to a new computer?
- Download SketchList 3D to new/fixed computer.
- On old computer export all projects you want to move. Copy them onto a movable storage device.
- On new computer import saved projects.
- Delete copy of SketchList 3D from old computer.
- Email SketchList confirming deletion and requesting a new key.
- Enter key on new copy of SketchList 3D to activate.
- Remember unless you purchased more than one copy you are licensed to run SketchList 3D on one computer only.
How to move my projects?
- Under the file menu item select export.
- Pick the project or projects your want to move and export them.
- On the other computer pick import project.
- Select the db3 file with the project you want to import.
- If anything goes wrong – you can always do a file restore action to bring back the projects.
How to find what I need?
- Type the term – say door – into the search box at the top right of www.sketchlist.com.
- A list of all posts related to that term – many of which contain video links – will appear in a list.
What about the new add-on in the planning stage for SketchList 3D.
While working on a way to make quicker cabinets and furniture led me to a “rapid model” idea. Very, very basically the idea is you name the assembly and provide the sizes. Then SketchList 3D generates a model. You can, if necessary, work with SketchList 3D to add details as your use of the model may require. While our original thinking had this add-on going into version 5 [probably the end of 2019] someone asked if this add-on might appear in V4. However answer is maybe. We’ve ended putting new features into V4. Still – if there is enough interest we might change the plan. What I am looking for on this is a user funded development program – like Kickstarter. If you want to hear more send me an email or call me.
Why should I use SketchList 3D?
- I know my answers. But watch this video and hear someone besides me provide an answer…